Updated Master Bathroom

Sunday, April 12, 2015

I hope y'all had a good weekend!  We certainly did!  My weekend started off with a Friday Fun Day with coworkers at Frankie's Fun Park, then yard work on Saturday and a park play date this morning followed by having over friends for dinner tonight. Amongst all of that I finally took some photos of our bathroom now that the majority of the updates have been completed.

Here's a before shot where I was using painters tape to test out sizes of mirrors.

Before:                                                       After:

 


After:




We still need new lights, but I still haven't found any that I love for under $150 each.  Our bathtub surround isn't pink!  That's just the reflection of my hot pink yoga pants.



It's amazing the difference that a little paint & new crown molding make.  And swapping out the builder towel hooks helped immensely too! All of the bathroom accessories including the towels, Capiz shell accessories (soap dispenser, cup & tray), q-tip holder, and orchid are from HomeGoods. The mirrors are from Kirkland's.

Before: 

Here's a tip, store your bathtub necessities in a bamboo wine bottle holder to keep everything tidy. I also use a daily shower spray (which you can see hanging from the shower below) and a squeegee after every shower. 


Even though the bathroom isn't completely finished, it still makes me happy every time I am in there. That's what's important right?  Our homes should feel like us.  It's ok for some rooms or all rooms to be a work in progress.  I mean, if our whole house and yard was completely finished then I would be bored! Ha!  We would have to move.  I haven't read Melissa's book from The Inspired Room, "Love the Home You Have" but I feel like our mini-makeover was just enough to make me love our bathroom.  



Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! xoxo, Robin